Master 35m required for Southern Great Barrier Reef day tour vessel.
In this role you will be central to ensuring our guests experience the very highest levels of service and safety whilst on our vessels.
You will also contribute to other boat operations, including the Dive and Glass Bottom Boats.
You will posses excellent customer service and communication skills, be a confident and experienced skipper, used to supervising large groups of people with the ability to engage and motivate both your staff, and our guests. Your attention to detail will be key in this role, as will strong organisational skills.
What your role will involve;
- You will provide a safe and enjoyable experience for our guests.
- ensuring the safety of passengers and crew by implementing vessel safety procedures, monitoring and addressing crew and passengers’ adherence to vessel safety procedures, conducting regular safety drills, ensuring thorough induction and training of all employees, and implementing emergency procedures as required.
- providing a safe and comfortable transfer of all passengers to Lady Musgrave Island from Bundaberg.
- taking ultimate responsibility for all safety aspects of any vessel in your charge or management
- ensuring your vessel (s) is maintained in clean, seaworthy and mechanically sound state
- Educating passengers on local area marine information
- Protecting the safety of property, including vessels and equipment.
You will be a team player who will bring to the role;
- Master Class IV (AMSA Master <35m NC) Certificate (Minimum) with high speed ferry experience preferred
- MED I/II(AMSA Marine Engine Driver Grade 1/2 NC) Certification (MED 1 preferred / MED 2 Minimum)
- Proven experience skippering similar vessels, preferably with experience in reef operations, rostering and maintenance scheduling
- Preferred dive experience
- Marine Radio Operator’s Certificate of Proficiency
- QLD Workplace Health & Safety at Sea
- First Aid & CPR Certificates
- Previous experience working on vessels and a thorough understanding of Vessel Safety Operations and Marine Safety
- Previous maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- In the event of an emergency; an ability to take control, adhere to given directions and direct others (e.g. passengers) to safety
- Current Driver’s License
You must live in the Bundaberg area, or be willing to relocate.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.